Here’s the obligatory licensing agreement that, believe it or not, many of my subscribers have requested. My intent is not to make the use of Toon-a-day clip art an onerous task. If you plan to market the images on products then we need to talk. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I think you’ll find me fair and flexible.
The following is a legal agreement between you and Toon-a-day. Please read this agreement carefully before subscribing to Toon-a-day. By subscribing, you agree to be bound by this agreement.
1. All Toon-a-day clip art is proprietary and copyrighted. All rights are reserved by Ron Leishman.
2. By this agreement, Toon-a-day grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the clip art images in “Permitted Printed Materials” and “Screen Resolution Media” both of which must be created by you for your own use or for use by your direct client or customer, who must be the end-user.
* Permitted Printed Materials are advertisements and articles in magazines and newspapers, brochures, reports and newsletters.
* Screen Resolution Media are digital media intended exclusively for monitor or television viewing. No CD ROM, other storage medium, or WWW site may contain more than 12 Toon-a-day images unless approval has been granted by Ron Leishman.
3. You may not use any image or any portion thereof for any purpose other than those specifically enumerated in Paragraph 2 above. Additionally you may not:
* Loan, rent, sell or otherwise transfer the right to use the images to any other person or entity.
* Loan, rent, or otherwise transfer the right to use any image except insofar as such image may have been incorporated by you into Permitted Printed Materials or Screen Resolution Media.
* Use or allow anyone else to use an image in any form of pornography, or in any other manner which is in any way embarrassing to or defamatory of any person or entity.
* Simultaneously use the images on more than one computer at a time.
* You agree to indemnify and hold Toon-a-day harmless against any damages or liability of any kind arising from any use of the images other than the permitted uses specified in this agreement.
4. Toon-a-day images are provided “AS IS.” Toon-a-day makes no warranty, either express or implied, of merchantability, fitness for any particular use, type or quality of image, or compatability with any computer or other kind of equipment. Toon-a-day shall not be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental, arising out of the use of, or the inability to use, the images.
5. This agreement shall be governed by Canadian law and international copyright treaties.